Compulocks Group (“Compulocks”, “we”) is committed to maintaining the privacy of its users (“user”, “you”). Compulocks operates through various websites which are available in different countries in Europe such as maclocks.eu and maclocks.uk (the “Website”). The following information describes how Compulocks collects and processes information about you when you use our Website.
- The information we collect and why we collect it.
- How we use that information.
- Your rights with regard to the collection of such information.
Compulocks provides innovative high quality security and display hardware solutions (“products”). Compulocks’ products are tailored to the specific needs of Compulocks’ customers, to enable them to improve their customer experience and strengthen their brand image (“Services”).
What information are we collecting about you?
- Non-personal information: This type of information may include your session durations, the content you accessed on the Website, the frequency, and scope of your use of the Website and information about your computer and internet connection including the operating system you use and browser type.
- Personal Information: This type of information is information from which you can be personally identified. This information includes, without limitation, your name, email address, telephone number, company, job title, and the location of the computer through which you used the Website.
How do we collect your information?
Information we collect when you create an account with us
If you wish to open an account on our Website, we will have to collect your name, email address, and telephone number to complete your registration process. Your account will facilitate your ongoing relationship with us, as it will enable you to review your order history, track the products that you wish to purchase, and contact us with respect to any inquiry you have in relation to your account.
Information we collect via our online chat
We will collect your Personal Information when you reach out to us via our online chat. Such information includes the contact details you provide us, your IP address as well as any content you submit in your inquiries.
Information we collect when you contact us for support
Purchasing a product in our online store
We will collect your Personal Information when you wish to purchase a product through our online store. Payment information shall be collected by a third-party service provider who will process your payment information under a highly secured industry security standard. Such collection of information will enable us to complete your purchase and provide you with the Services you requested to receive.
If you wish to receive our newsletter for our latest updates and events, you may check the box at the bottom of the Website page and we will send you our newsletter updates. If, at any point, you would like to withdraw your consent and stop receiving our newsletter, you may notify us by writing to [email protected] or unsubscribe by using the link at the bottom of each newsletter.
Information we collect via various technologies
How do we use your Personal Information and what are the legal bases supporting such use?
We use the Personal Information we collect from you for a range of different business purposes according to different legal bases of processing. We may use or process your Personal Information for the following purposes. One or more purposes may apply simultaneously.
Providing the requested Services
- We collect Personal Information to provide you with the Services you contracted to receive with respect to the products you purchased or wish to purchase.
- Such collection of information will enable us to provide you with technical and professional assistance, as shall be required by you.
We process the Personal Information where it is necessary for the adequate performance of the contract regarding the requested Services.
Improvement and development of the Services
- We collect Personal Information to improve and develop our Services and understand feedback on Compulocks' Services and products.
- We collect Personal Information for the ongoing review and improvement of the information provided on our Website to ensure it is user friendly.
- We collect Personal Information to improve the management and administration of our business and maintain compliancy with our internal policies and procedures.
- We conduct surveys and research, test features in development, and analyze the information we have to evaluate and improve our Services, develop new features and products, and conduct audits and troubleshooting activities.
We process this information in light of our legitimate interest in improving the Services, to allow our users to have the best experience.
Maintain a safe and secure environment
We may use your information to detect and prevent fraud, abuse and security incidents in the following ways;
- Verify and authenticate your identity and prevent unauthorized or illegal activity;
- Enhance the safety and security of our Website and Services;
- Conduct security investigations and risk assessments;
- Prevent or take action against activities that are, or may be, in breach of our terms of service or applicable law.
We process this information in light of our legitimate interest in improving our Services and enabling our users to browse in a secure environment.
Personalize content, advertising and marketing
- If you have used Compulocks’ Services in the past, we have a legitimate business interest for matching the data we collect with other data we had already collected.
- This enables us to understand your needs and interests, optimize the content we send you and make it more suitable and relevant to your needs.
- This also enables us to improve your experience on the Website by providing you with personalized content, recommendations, and features.
We process this information in light of our legitimate interest to personalize your experience and customize our content.
Who do we share your Personal Information with and why?
Compulocks Brands Group
We may share your Personal Information with our affiliates, subsidiaries and group companies to process your orders and provide you with the Services you requested to receive with respect to the location in which you are situated.
We may share your Personal Information with third-party service providers and individuals who facilitate our Services, such as marketing, data management or maintenance services.
We may share your Personal Information with Analytics service providers for analytics services. Such analytics service providers set their own cookies or other identifiers on your computer, through which they can collect information about your usage of our Website. This helps us compile aggregated statistics about the effectiveness of our Website and Services.
Purchase of our Business
We may share your Personal Information in connection with a corporate merger, consolidation, the sale of related assets or corporate division or other fundamental corporate changes.
Compliance with a Legal Obligation
Information about you may also be released in order to comply with any valid legal obligation or inquiry or process such as a search warrant, subpoena, statute or court order.
We will also share your specific information in special cases, such as if you use the Website to perform an unlawful act or omission or take any act or omission that may damage Compulocks, its property and goodwill, or if there is an attempted breach of the security of the Website or a physical or property threat to you or others.
What are your data protection rights?
You have the right at any time to request to access or modify your information. To exercise these options, please contact us at [email protected].
In some jurisdictions, in particular, those located within the European Union (the "EU") or within the European Economic Area (the "EEA"), you may be afforded specific rights regarding your Personal Information. Subject to such eligibility, you may have the following rights to:
- Request a rectification of your Personal Information where the information we hold about you is incorrect or incomplete.
- Object to the processing of your Personal Information for direct marketing purposes.
- Object to the processing of your Personal Information where our legal basis for that processing is that such processing is necessary for our legitimate interests.
- Object to automated decision-making (including profiling) in certain circumstances.
- Request the erasure of your Personal Information in certain circumstances, such as where processing is no longer necessary for the purpose it was originally collected for, and there is no compelling reason for us to continue to process or store it;
- Receive your Personal Information, or ask us to transfer it to another organization that you have provided to us, which we process by automated means, where our processing is either based on your consent or is necessary for the performance of a contract with you.
Generally, with regard to information collected on our Website, Compulocks is a "Data Controller". Therefore, if you wish to exercise the above-mentioned rights, please contact us, and we will make our best efforts to fulfill your request.
If you wish to file a request regarding any of the above, you may contact us at [email protected].
If you feel that any of your rights have been compromised, you have the right to file a complaint to the relevant supervisory authority.
How do cookies help us understand what you need?
You can always opt-out of our Service
You are always in control of your data, and if you choose to receive information from us, or others, you can change your mind later. If, at any time, you would like to stop receiving such information or opt out of a feature, you may notify us by writing to [email protected] You should be aware, however, that it is not always possible to completely remove or modify information in our databases and servers, although we will always make reasonable efforts to do so upon your request.
Links to other websites
How do we secure your Personal Information?
We deploy industry standard, or better measures to ensure the security, confidentiality, integrity, and availability of personal data we process. We maintain physical, technical, and administrative safeguards, and test and update these periodically. We endeavor to restrict access to Personal Information on a ‘need to know’ basis for the provision of Services to you. In the event of a security breach, we will take all reasonable action to minimize any harm. Although we will do our best to protect Personal Information, we cannot guarantee the security of data transmitted to our site or to group companies, and transmission is at the users own risk.
How long will we save your Personal Information?
Generally, Compulocks does not retain information longer than necessary to provide its Services and for its reasonable business and lawful needs.
The Website is not intended for children under the age of 13. We do not, knowingly or intentionally, collect information about children who are under 13 years of age.
IF YOU ARE UNDER THE AGE OF 13 YOU MAY NOT USE THE WEBSITE, UNLESS PARENTAL CONSENT IS PROVIDED ACCORDINGLY
Governing law and jurisdiction
This page was updated on July 21st, 2020.